Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Install Apache and IIS on Windows

Hi

Today we will discuss on a new topic called “Installing Apaches servers on same windows operating system where IIS is running.”

Well, If you are reading this article , it means I guess you would have tried to install Apache and you get the following error while installing:

Just ignore this error and go ahead and install apache. Once you have installed you need to change the port number of the Apache server.

To do this:

  • Now that apache is installed, go to the folder that it was installed to. On my machine it was c:\program files\apache software foundation\apache2.2
  • Go to the /conf folder and open the httpd.conf file (may be named differently in the future or older versions)
  • Find the line “Listen 80″ and change to “Listen 8080″. Save the file.
  • Open a browser and try “127.0.0.1:8080″ or “ http://localhost:8080 " and you should get a page that says “It works” (that page is the apache default page).

Please let me know if you have any issues in installing or getting some other error, I will try to troubleshoot.

Please forgive me if the procedure doesn't work for you, I am just trying to help you out. If you have alternatives please post and scrap your feedback and valuable comments to encourage me :-).

Kumar.

No comments:

Post a Comment